Finding My First Ebook Reader

Posted by aramboy | Saturday, September 18, 2010 | , , , , | 0 comments »

I'm finding an ebook reader. There are many ebook reader devices out there today.

This going to be my first E-Reader Device, the question is which one should I buy?

Well, the most popular reader today, in my opinion, is Amazon Kindle 3. So, it's a good choice for me. However, almost of the books that I'm having and going to read are in pdf format. It's obvious that the Kindle 3 doesn't work well with the pdf.

According to what I found on websites, if you want an Amazon Kindle that work well with pdf, the best choice is Amazon Kindle DX. Due to the 9.7" screen size of Kindle DX, bigger than 6" of Kindle 3, the pdf is more readable on Kindle DX.

However, the price of Kindle DX Wifi + 3G is $379 now! At this price, I prefer to add some money and buying an Apple iPad instead.


Yes, I know that we should not compare the iPad, an tablet LCD display, with E-Reader devices, which use E-Ink technology display, such as Amazon Kindle.

Though, I think it's not worth for me to buy Amazon Kindle DX that can only be used to read ebook. No games, no video player, no good web browser, no touch screen and etc.

Barnes & Noble NOOK 3G+WiFi eReader - White/Gray
So, how about the other readers such as Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony Readers?

Although, I have not read many reviews about the Nook and some readers from Sony come with touch screen, which I prefer more than using buttons to navigation.

The best thing of Sony Readers and Nook is their support ePub format, an open standard that used widely including iBook application from Apple.

After all of these, I still give more weight to Amazon Kindle 3. That's because in my perception Amazon is the pioneer of E-Reader Device. Also it's a big name in online book market.

0 comments